We only hire experienced editors with professional knowledge and training
To apply for a full-time, year-round editing job, kindly complete our Editor Application form and include:
- Your comprehensive & complete professional editing resume with references. You must have extensive editorial experience and prior training as an editor.
- Your personal cover letter which outlines your training, certifications, education, editing experience, skills, availability, and knowledge of writing software and editing tools.
- 2-3 electronic samples of your editing work using the Track Changes feature from Microsoft.
Send your application to: email@example.com
We disregard incomplete applications which omit the required information.
We hire professionally trained editors who have:
Extensive Professional Editing Experience with strong references from previous employers, clients, agents, journals, and publishing houses
A Doctorate Degree with extensive EDITORIAL experience in research, publishing, technical academic English, thesis and dissertation submissions, journal reviews, etc.
Advanced Education–Masters, Bachelors, in-house training, editing certifications and courses, publishing seminars, etc.
Professional Editorial Affiliations – membership or participation with editing/writing organizations (see below)
An International Location which serves a time zone outside of the continental North American market, especially those editors in the UK, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Alaska, or Hawaii
Editor Associations & Affiliations
- American Copy Editors Society (ACES)
- Society for Editors & Proofreaders
- The Society of Editors
- The Professional Editors Group (PEG)
- Association of Freelance Editors, Proofreaders & Indexers
- Editorial Freelancers Association
- Editors’ Association of Canada
Requirements & Restrictions for Editorial Jobs:
- Your application must be complete. We will not consider applicants with missing information in their submission file.
- You must pay attention to details and formality. We will not consider applicants whose application, cover letters, or informal emails include grammar, spelling, or punctuation errors.
- You must have native English as your “mother tongue” spoken fluently in your home and as your PRIMARY language for all education and business. We also require an understanding of English for Academic Purposes (EAP) / Academic English.
- You must be available to complete editing samples. We require all applicants to have a minimum of 25 hours available weekly for editing, professional consultations, or sample submissions.
- You must send your application, samples, references, etc. electronically via email. We do NOT accept paper applications in the post.
- You must be computer literate, competent and savvy. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and the Track Changes feature for editing is mandatory. We do NOT provide “manual” editing with pen and paper.
- Your experience with various writing software, programs, and editing tools is a desired advantage. We will look for this extra experience and knowledge on your resume.
We maintain an active file of approved editors who have all necessary documentation on file. When an editing position becomes available, we contact the preferred, pre-qualified editor.
Our team members have worked with us for an average of 7 years or more.
We look forward to the possibility of working with you. We are a team of professionals who enjoy working together in the publishing industry.
Thank you for considering us!