Substantive Content Editing provides honest feedback and an academic evaluation of your overall concept, presentation, and cohesion of theses.
Substantive Content Editing is your ideal choice for completing your manuscript’s initial drafts when you desire thorough professional guidance on your overall concept and presentation.
Choose Content Editing for your first round of editing and always prior to peer review or public distribution as it is comprehensive.
Academic Content Editing is recommended and necessary for a paper that requires extensive formatting to comply with submission guidelines regarding presentation and formatting.
Academic Evaluation, Feedback, Corrections, and Formatting
Content Editing ensures support of all statements and provides industry style guides formatting
Substantive Content Editing critiques your manuscript’s presentation, flow/continuity, and consistency of proposal. It ensures support of all statements, and it provides formatting according to industry style guides, including your citations, references, and footnotes.
Your content’s structural edit includes Technical Copy Editing and Academic Line editing which corrects spelling, grammar, and punctuation; reviews your word choice; eliminates jargon and repetition; guarantees writing consistency; revises inappropriate verb tenses; and smoothes your English language.
Substantive Content Editing is a structural edit that includes correcting your formatting of citations, references, and footnotes according to your requested manual of style (APA, MLA, Chicago, etc).
Your content editor provides professional, developmental assessments and academic feedback on your manuscript throughout your document’s comments section.
COMPREHENSIVE – Substantive Content Editing includes the Academic Line Editing and our Technical Copy Editing services (see above) and also:
- improves the continuity and flow of your writing and support statements
- provides brief editorial remarks, suggestions, and feedback throughout your manuscript
- Academic evaluation of your thesis/dissertation
- Professional guidance on your overall research concept
- Developmental assessments and improvement of your presentation ability
- Extensive formatting to comply with submission guidelines and formatting
- English continuity and flow guaranteed in your writing
- Support statements approved to ensure strength of proposal
- Editorial remarks, suggestions, and feedback throughout your manuscript
- Academic English language enhancement and correction for professionalism
- Journal style guidelines (e.g., APA, MLA) formatting for approval
- Grammar, spelling, and punctuation fixed for accuracy
- Word use improvement and remedies for smoothness
- Jargon, redundancy, and repetition elimination for simplicity
- Sentence and paragraph structure reworked for clarity
- Style and terminology consistency verified for precision
- Citations and reference formatting for validity
- Final proofreading and quality check provided for reliability
- Tracked Changes used to show all modifications for thoroughness
- Up to 10% reduction of your word count as necessary for conciseness
- Editing Certificate issued upon request for verification
- Re-edits discounted by 50% for loyalty and satisfaction