Technical Copy Editing is your ideal choice during the final revisions of your research. We recommend this only if you are fluent in the English language.
Standard Copy Editing corrects your grammar and improves the organization, style, readability and tone of your manuscript. Your Technical Copy Editor provides you with valuable editorial insights, corrections, remarks, suggestions, and explanations throughout your manuscript.
We only recommend Technical Copy Editing for native English writers with a strong command of their subject, the English language, and the overall submissions process.
Technical Copy Editing includes:
- Enhancing and correcting your English language
- Formatting to journal style guidelines (e.g., APA, MLA)
- Fixing spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Improving and remedying word use
- Eliminating jargon, repetition, and redundancy
- Reworking sentence and paragraph structure
- Verifying style and terminology consistency
- Correcting citations and reference format
- Providing a final proofread and quality check
- Using Tracked Changes to show all modifications
- Reducing up to 10% of your word count as necessary
- “Editing Certificate” upon request
When should you get a Copy Edit?
Technical Copy Editing services are your FINAL EDIT and necessary before peer reviews or journal submissions for publication. Copy Editing is your last professional editorial review before submitting your work to reviewers and journals.
Why is a Technical Copy Edit RECOMMENDED?
We recommend Technical Copy Editing of all Academic English BEFORE sharing, distribution, review or publication.