We hire only experienced editors and provide them with full-time, year-round work.
If you are interested in being considered for an upcoming editing position, kindly complete our online Editor Application form. Also, include files with ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Your comprehensive & complete Professional editing resume
- Your personal cover letter which outlines your education, experience, and availability
- 2-3 electronic samples of your work (These are digital files which use the Track Changes feature from Microsoft.)
Send your application to:
Please note that we are interested in editors who have:
- Extensive Professional Editing Experience with strong references from previous employers and/or clients.
- A Doctorate Degree with experience in technical editing, theses, dissertations, research, article submissions, etc.
- Advanced Education – Masters, Bachelors, specific editing courses, proofreading certification, publishing seminars, etc.
- Affiliation, membership or participation with editing/writing organizations (see below).
- An International Location which serves a time zone outside of the continental North American market, especially those editors located in the UK, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Alaska or Hawaii
Requirements & Restrictions:
- We will not consider applicants with missing information in their application file.
- We will not consider applicants whose applications, cover letters or informal emails include grammar, spelling or punctuation errors.
- All applicants must have English as their “mother tongue” and as their PRIMARY language for education.
- All applicants must have a minimum of 25 hours weekly available for editing.
- All submissions, applications, samples, references, etc. must be submitted electronically via email.
Thank you for considering us! We hope that this comprehensive outline of requests and requirements will assist you in applying to FirstEditing.com.
We maintain an active file of approved editors who have all necessary documentation on file. When an editing position becomes available, we will contact the preferred, pre-qualified editor.
We look forward to the possibility of working with you.
We have loads of happy clients from all over the world…here are some of them! (Refresh the page to view more.)