Find out what type of editing you need before you hire an editor!
Watch this short video which outlines the entire professional editing process and learn more.
(Or just contact us for a free editing sample of your writing!)
Your editor determines what level of editing is best for you based upon
- where you are in the writing & revising process
- what you want from your editor
- how much help your manuscript NEEDS
To accomplish effectiveness and clarity, there are three phases in the editing process before your final proofread.
This video provides a brief outline of the levels of editing and each level’s specific purpose. Learn the options you’ll want and need to successfully publish!
- [00:25] What Is Structural Story Editing?
- [01:29] Structural Editing for Non-Fiction Writers
- [01:58] First Level: Substantive Content Editing
- [02:51] Second Level: Line Editing
- [03:47] Final Level: Copy Editing
- [04:15] Fourth and Final Stage: Professional Proofreading